Boost Your Energy – Transform your bowl of oats into a Power pack! (Recipe)
In 5 – 10 minutes you can create a simple but sumptuous oatmeal breakfast that will keep you full and energised for hours.
As a whole-grain food oats contain carbohydrates (for an energy boost) and also protein and fibre to help you feel satisfied. If you’re concerned about cholesterol you should definitely be eating this food with a low Glycemic Index (GI) .
Transform your bowl of oats by adding some milled flaxseed as well as nutrient-dense almonds and some dried fruit such as raisins, cranberries or banana.
Wholesome Flaxseed and Fruit Oatmeal
Prep. Time 5 mins | Cooking Time 8 – 10 mins
- 1 cup milk (any of choice – whole milk, soy milk, almond milk, oat milk)
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup fresh or dried fruit of choice
- 2 Tbsp. flaked almonds
- 1 Tbsp. honey (or natural sugar alternative)
- In a small saucepan, bring milk and water to a boil over medium heat. Be careful not to over boil. Reduce the heat to a medium-low and stir in oats, flaxseed, and salt. Cook for 6-7 minutes until the oats are tender, stirring frequently.
- Remove the saucepan from heat. Cover and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Then stir the oatmeal couple times and divide between two serving bowls. Top evenly with dried fruit of your choice, flaked almonds, and a drizzle of honey. Serve immediately.
Click on ingredients to order your items from Simply Healthy or go to www.simplyhealthygroup.com – happy eating!
Pro-tip! Add 1 Tbsp. of Chia Seeds to this recipe for extra fibre and nutrients.
This recipe is adapted from an original recipe by Katya at Little Broken.