Cholesterol Control, Mood Enhancement and Much More; Hemp Seeds Recipe (Small Size, Super Nutrient!)
From enhancing your mood to fighting cancer these little super food seeds pack a powerful punch. Trying them won’t be hard – they’re delicious and beyond nutritious.
The hemp seed is bursting with Omega-6 and Omega-3 essential fatty acids that have heart health and anti-inflammatory benefits. So definitely a must-eat item for anyone concerned about cardio-vascular disease and/or high blood pressure.
They have a delicious nutty flavour and act as a versatile recipe ingredient, breathing life into salads, desserts, yogurts, cereals, and breads. As a complete source of protein (in addition to essential fats and vitamins) they are filling and will help you feel satisfied for longer.
Enjoy hemp seeds anyway you like: with a little yoghurt and honey in the morning (as hemp seeds contain no sugar they won’t give you a nasty GI spike,) in smoothies, and sauces, or sprinkled over soups and salads.
Try this tantalising (and quick!) Raw Tabouli Hemp Seed Salad recipe we found online:
Raw Tabouli Hemp Seed Salad
Makes 2 servings
Author: Kimberly Snyder
- 1 huge bunch of parsley, or 2 smaller bunches
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 5-6 heaping Tbs. of hemp seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Dash of cold-pressed olive oil (optional)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Chop the parsley and throw it into a large bowl, along with the tomato, onion and hempseeds. In a small blender container, or whisked by hand, combine the lemon, garlic, olive oil and sea salt and blend or mix well.
- Pour over the salad and mix well, and you’re ready to share and savor!