Berberine provides 250mg Berberine HCl from Berberis aristata together with 50mg milk thistle, for enhanced bioavailability.
- Provides 250mg of Berberine HCl from Berberis aristata (Indian barberry) per capsule
- Also features 50mg milk thistle (Silymarin) per capsule, which helps to improve the bioavailability of berberine, as it has been found to function as a Pgp (P-glycoprotein) inhibitor.
- The combination of berberine and silymarin has been used in several clinical studies on lipid and glucose markers, with positive results. One study compared berberine + silymarin with berberine alone, with more efficacious results demonstrated in the berberine + silymarin group.
- Clinical studies indicate that berberine may support blood sugar control
- Berberine has also be shown to support the liver
- Berberine has a long traditional use in supporting gut health and microbial balance
- Milk thistle has been shown to improve the bioavailability of berberine