Apple Cider Vinegar, Why You Should be Drinking it
Apple cider vinegar has a host of benefits for the body and is an excellent addition to a healthy diet. However, it can be hard to find information that explains why it is so great and precisely how it works. This is why the Simply Healthy team was pleased to come across a clear and informative article from Dr Eric Berg.
Here are five important things we learnt:
- Apple cider vinegar can strengthen your immune system.Many vitamin supplements are synthesised from corn starch and ascorbic acid. The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar is a natural and effective immune system boost.
- It can help people suffering from heartburn.It is commonly believed that an excess of acid in the stomach causes heartburn. Actually, heartburn, acid reflux and indigestion occur when the stomach is too alkaline and the stomach valve does not close. A small helping of apple cider vinegar balances the stomach pH, allowing the stomach valve to close and prevent the regurgitation of stomach acid.
- It can reverse the effects of having a body that is too alkaline, thus reducing the risk of high blood pressure (for example.)High stress (or high cortisol) can have a physical impact on the body making it too alkaline. This leads to the loss of H+ (acid) through the urine. This has a chain reaction of negative effects in the body because pH is so important to mineral transportation.For instance, if the blood pH is too alkaline then potassium cannot be retained correctly. Loss of potassium leads to high blood pressure, constipation, and a feeling of weakness or fatigue.
- Apple cider vinegar can help prevent soft-tissue calcification that leads to arthritis, gallstones and more.The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar mobilises calcium productively, preventing it from building up around soft tissue (which leads to calcification.) Calcification is what leads to arthritis, cataracts, gallstones etc. This fact is particularly important to people as they age and require more acid for protein digestion and mineral absorption.
- It can help you lose weight.Apple cider vinegar balances the body pH, which is important in mineral transportation, allowing enzymes to work to stimulate the thyroid, increasing the metabolism.Try drinking apple cider vinegar in the morning (before eating) with lemon, ginger and a dash of honey or cranberry juice to taste.
Read more on Dr Berg’s website.
Click here to purchase your own bottle of Apple cider vinegar from Simply Healthy.